AGTS CENTER FOR ISLAMIC STUDIES
Welcome to the AGTS Center for Islamic Studies (CIS). The CIS is an academic center of AGTS focused on reaching the Muslim world for Christ. The Center works closely with AG World Missions’ Global Initiative to reach Muslims and to mobilize church-planting teams among Muslim peoples.
Through the CIS, AGTS students have access to active missionaries serving Muslim communities and faculty experts who, when combined, have more than 200 years of living and planting the church in global Muslim contexts. Through the Center, AGTS students also benefit from:
- Advise and council on how to prepare for ministry to the Muslim world.
- The opportunity to focus on Islamic Studies as a degree program concentration.
- Access to ministry resources from the CIS and from the AG National Leadership and Resource Center.
- The opportunity to attend the Summer Institute for Islamic Studies. (See information below)
SUMMER INSTITUTE FOR ISLAMIC STUDIES
The Summer Institute for Islamic Studies is a two-week, intensive program held in June/July of each year and offers courses for individuals working in a Muslim context in the U.S. and abroad. Thanks to all who joined us for the 2018 Summer Institute for Islamic Studies.
Summer 2019 Schedule
June 24 – 28, 2019:
- Dr. Sobhi Malek 8:00-12:00 MCCM 545 Engaging Islam: Introduction to Islam
- Dr. Ebrahim Pakrooh 1:00-5:00 MCCM 639 Christologies of Christian and Islamic Theology
July 1 – 6, 2019:
- Dr. Don McCurry 8:00-12:00 MCCM 554 Folk Islam and Power Encounter
- Rev. Asa Kain 1:00-5:00 MSS 643 Church Planting in Muslim Contexts
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To learn more or become involved with the Center for Islamic study and our Summer Institute, contact:
Sharon Yadon, Office of the Center for Islamic Studies
email@example.com | 800.467.AGTS