Mission & Objectives
The mission of AGTS is to shape servant leaders with knowledge, skill, and passion to revitalize the church and evangelize the world in the power of the Spirit.
As a graduate-level educational institution within the evangelical and Pentecostal tradition, the seminary affirms the Bible as God’s written Word, the inspired, infallible, and authoritative rule for faith and conduct. Affiliated with The General Council of the Assemblies of God, the seminary’s doctrinal commitment is found in the Statement of Fundamental Truths.
- To lead students to a greater knowledge of God, the redemptive work of Christ, and the baptizing power of the Holy Spirit.
- To perpetuate Pentecostal belief in the power of the Holy Spirit to restore God’s people to New Testament models of vitality and witness.
- To provide an environment conducive to nurturing servant-leaders of sterling Christian character and integrity.
- To rigorously pursue excellence, truth, effectiveness, and relevance in theological reflection and professional training.
- To provide culturally relevant professional skills training for pastors, missionaries, evangelists, military and institutional chaplains, teachers, and others.
- To foster a global, multicultural missionary emphasis.
- To encourage constructive interaction with society in light of our knowledge of Christ.
- To serve as a resource for the Church universal.
- To use technology and distance education to educate those who are unable to attend a resident campus.
AGTS is committed to the Pentecostal dimension of Christianity as is seen in both the belief and practice of each of its faculty members and administrators as well as the nature of its degree programs and course offerings.