Springfield: A Great Place to Live
Springfield, a mid-sized city in the Mid-west, offers a blend of history, cultural activities, leisure activities, and sports options. Springfield/Greene County offers 102 parks and is the only municipality in the nation with a Gold Medal Award-winning parks and recreation department. The city is home to the Springfield Cardinals minor-league baseball team, Bass Pro Shops, Missouri State University, Drury University, and the Assemblies of God USA. Due to large educational community in Springfield, the city provides amenities not commonly available in a city of its size.
Outstanding Qualities of Springfield
- Ranked among top 40 cities for quality of life
- Ranked among the top 100 communities for young people
- 24/7 Wall Street ranked Springfield as third in the top five American cities for job growth.
- 8.5% workforce growth over the last four years
- Beautiful city parks and four national parks and forests in the vicinity
- More than 850 restaurants in the area
- The health care industry employs 30,000 people (15% of the total workforce)
- The manufacturing sector employs more than 17,000 people
- Well-known companies operating in Springfield include: Kraft Foods, 3M, Bass Pro Shops (headquarters), O’Reilly Auto Parts (headquarters), JP Morgan Chase, T-Mobile, Northrop Grumman, Jack Henry & Associates (headquarters), BKD (headquarters), Paul Mueller, and Prime, Inc.
Springfield Area Links
- AG Churches in the Springfield Metropolitan area
- City of Springfield
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Local Newspaper: Springfield News-Leader (homes, entertainment, job search)
- Springfield Vacation Guide (good resources for planning a visit to the school)
- BransonShows.com (shows, area business, vacation packages, attractions, shopping, lodging, motor coach tours, dining, recreation, coupons)
- Springfield-Branson Regional Airport