and Information for the AGTS Community
National Association of
Evangelicals and AGTS Forum
- “Respecting Sex and Reducing Abortions— What Can Christian Leaders Really Do?”
- Friday, March 12—9:00-11:30 a.m. in
the AGTS Chapel
- Special Guest: Dr. Dennis Hollinger, President of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- Discussion with a distinguished panel of experts
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- March 4-5—Society of Pentecostal Studies, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- March 9—AG Trust Summit,
- March 12—Capital Commission
Prayer Breakfast, Springfield, Missouri
- March 13-14—Missions Convention at
Manassas AG, Bristow, Virginia
Incredible Pizza Night
- Monday, March 15, 6-8 p.m.
- All students, faculty, and staff and their families are invited to join in an evening of fun and fellowship.
- No cost for AGTS community members, but an RSVP is required by Thursday, March11—Sign up in the Student Lounge.
- Includes unlimited pizza buffet and soda. Each participant receives a $5 game card.
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Thursday, April 29 at 10 a.m. at Deer Lake
Golf Course in Springfield, Missouri
- $75 per person or $300 per team
- Special price for AGTS alumni or
students: $65 per person
- Special price for 2010 AGTS
graduates: $55 per person
- $85 per person for any registration received
after April 21
- Fun contests and great prizes!
- All proceeds go to student scholarships.
- Please contact Mary in the Development
Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or
268-1012 for more details or go to www.agts.edu/golf to register online.
Each One Pray One
- March 8 & 9; 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- We anticipate every member of the AGTS
Community (students, staff, faculty,
administration) to commit at least one hour
to call and pray for AGTS alumni, their
families, and their ministries.
- Your participation can make a
difference in someone's life.
- Please contact Mary in the
Development Office to sign up
(268-1012 email@example.com) or sign up online at
- Reserve your space today!
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Reminder for Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 8.
- Guidelines available at www.agts.edu
- Contact the Faculty Secretary if you have any questions.
Special Courses for Summer and Fall
- Intercultural Urban Ministries— Chicago, May 17-23 with Dr. Mark
- The Theology and Practice of Spiritual Gifts—June 14-18 with Dr. David Lim
- Theology of Power in Ecclesial and
Missional Structures—Sept. 17-18, Oct. 15-16, Nov. 12-13 with Hogan Professors, Anita and John Koeshall
- Ministry in Trauma, Crisis, and Grief Contexts—October 18-22 (Fall Study Week) with Chaplain Manuel Cordero
One Credit Courses
- Hospital Ministry—September 10-11 with Chaplain Larry Cooper
- Conflict Resolution in the Church—October 1-2 with Dr. Cheryl Taylor
Interested in Ministry to Muslims?
- Engaging Islam—July 6-10 with Dr. Mark Hausfeld
- Approaches to Muslims—July 12-16 with Rev. Harry Morin
- Hebrew IA & IB will be offered this summer, but will not be offered again until Summer 2011.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
March Deferred Payment
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before March 15.
- Payments must be received
in the Business Office on or before this date in order to avoid the $25 per
month late fee.
Heiskell—email@example.com or 268-1025
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1025
Summer & Fall Registration
- March 1-5
- Check email for details.
- Schedule appointment with faculty advisor beginning February 18.
- Graduates should plan to register early to ensure enrollment.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
To Apply for Summer Financial Aid
- If you received financial aid this spring, pick up a Summer Student Loan Data Sheet at the Financial Aid Office.
- Final deadline: March 31
Apply Now for Fall Financial Aid
- The 2010-2011 FAFSA is available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Click on “Fill out a FAFSA.”
- You will need your Financial Aid PIN.
- Submit completed AGTS Financial Aid Forms on our website—www.agts.edu after March 16.
Deadlines for Fall 2010 Financial Aid
- Priority Deadline—April 20
- Secondary Deadline—May 11
- Final Deadline—July 6
- Please note that in order to provide
the best service for students who
completed the process on time, all
Financial Aid Forms completed after
July 6 will be processed starting on or
around August 1.
- Deborah Gill
- Serves this spring as the Earnest J. Moen Chair of Pentecostal Preaching at North Central University and will travel
there 4 times during the spring semester.
- Serves on both the US Lausanne
Advisory Committee and the World
Assemblies of God Fellowship Theology
- Doug Oss
- January 29-February 6—Was the
keynote speaker at the National
Preachers Conference in Norway.
- Steve Lim
- February 27-28—Spoke at
weekend services at Grace
Assembly of God in Singapore.
- Mark Hausfeld
- January 4-8—Taught January
term at CBC on Reaching
Muslims in America, Springfield, Missouri
- January 10—Spoke at River of Life AG
for a missions focus on church planting
in Iran, Spotsylvania, Virginia
- January 13—Spoke at Evangel Temple’s
college church called 20Twenty,
- January 21-22—Spoke at Southwestern
AG University’s mission’s convention
and mission’s classes, Waxahachie,
- February 10-12—Led “Reaching
Muslim Unreached Peoples Summit” at
Valley Forge Christian College,
- February 13 and 14—Spoke at Calvary Christian Center’s Mission’s Convention, Iverness, Florida
- James Hernando
- February 22-March 1—Taught
on principles of biblical interpretation
to pastors who have little
or no theological training at the Pastoral
Enrichment Retreat in Nicaragua.
- March 12-14—Darlene Palm will be the ladies retreat speaker at the Arvin Assembly
of God Conference at Pismo Beach, California
- March 17-20—Al Palm will lead praise and worship for the RV MAPS Convention
at Riverside, California.
Linda Smith—firstname.lastname@example.org 268-1031
- March 11—Mario Guerreiro will be at Vanguard University, Costa Mesa California
- March 12-14—Mario Guerreiro will be at the AG College Fair in Santa Ana, California.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
- The SAC team would like to
thank everyone who donated blood
at the AGTS blood drive.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:46 AM