and Information for the AGTS Community
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- May 23-29—Teaching Pastoral Cohorts at Carriag Eden Theological College, Greystones, County Wicklow, Ireland
- May 30-31—Preaching at Buntain Memorial Church AG, Kolkata, India
- June 1-5—Teaching D. Min. course at Southern Asia Bible College in Bangalore, India
- June 7-10—Plenary speaker at Annual Confer-ence of the AG Association for Theological Education in Southern Asia, Bangalore India
Pillars of the Faith
- Check out the additions to the Pillars of the Faith display located on the balcony of the Great Hall.
- The 2009 Honorees, Thomas E. Trask, Stanley M. Horton, R. Kenneth George, and H. Robert Rhoden, were honored at the President’s Luncheon on Saturday, May 2.
AGTS Library is Hiring!
- The AGTS library has an open Work-Study position.
- Please see Rick Oliver or Christa Teachout in the Library today if you are interested.
Summer Chapel Schedule
- Wed., May 13 9:00 a.m.
- Wed., May 20 11:00 a.m.
- Wed., June 3 9:00 a.m.
- Wed., June 10 1:00 p.m.
- Wed., June 24 1:00 p.m.
- Wed., July 8 9:00 a.m.
- Wed., July 15 1:00 p.m.
Take Half Off Third Summer Course
- Take summer courses in order to finish your studies sooner and save money.
- Take a third course this summer and save one-half off the normal tuition.
- Memorial Day—Monday, May 25
- Independence Day—Friday, July 3
Classes and offices at AGTS are closed for these two holidays.
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Attention Summer Graduates
- Dates for comprehensive exams/deadlines for analytical reflection papers
- Summer Session I—June 1
- Summer Session II & Post Session—July 7
- Contact the faculty secretary at 268-1070 for further details.
- Officially approved summer syllabi can be found on the AGTS website at www.agts.edu.
- Paper copies of syllabi will not be distributed in class.
Congratulations to Students
- Society for Pentecostal Studies, March 26-28, Eugene, OR
- John Johnson—(2009 M.Div. graduate) presented Pentecostal Polemics in a Politically Pugnacious Environment
- Rosemarie Kowalski—(D. Miss. student) presented The Missionary Wives of Early Pentecost: Call, Challenge, and Opportunity
- Steve Jester—(D. Miss. student) presented Azusa Street Redux: Renewal for a Twenty-First Century Pentecostal Missiology
- Southwestern Regional Meeting for the Society of Biblical Literature, March 7
- John Johnson’s paper, Early Jewish Perspectives on Samaritan Conversion, was presented
Take Language Course Now
- Greek IA & IB (with Dr. Deborah Gill) and Hebrew IA and IB (with Dr. Wave Nunnally) will be offered this summer.
- During the fall and spring semesters, students may take these as independent studies courses on DVD.
Great Summer Course
- PTHM Sp. Stu.—Creative Communication
- June 22-26
- Taught by Dr. Waldemar Kowalski
- Advanced, hands-on course in creative communication
- Use of technology including PowerPoint, digital audio, digital imaging, digital video, and the internet
- Attention to congregational, classroom, and training contexts
- Participants should be reasonably proficient in computer use and have a computer available in class.
Conversational Evangelism Conference
- October 23-24, 2009
- Tickets may be purchased after May 15
- Cost: $69 before September 1; $89 after September 1; Students $30 (must show ID at the door)
- This conference, along with additional assignments, may serve as an alternative course for PTH 551 Effective Evangelism and Assimilation, or as a one, two, or three-credit elective course. (See video monitors and bulletin boards).
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
You’ve Got Mail!
- Check your email account periodically for special announcements, registration updates, etc.
- If your email address changes, contact the Registrar’s Office via the Student Portal (www.agts.edu/estudent) or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is not too late to register for a summer class.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office for further information.
- Summer Sessions
First summer session—May 4
- Second summer session—June 1
- Third summer session—July 6
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Late Summer Financial Aid
- If you missed the March deadline for federal aid, you may still be eligible for a late summer loan.
Final Deadline: Fall Stafford & Perkins Loans
- The 2009-2010 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and all other financial aid forms must be received in the Financial Aid Office on or before July 10 in order for loan funds to be in place on the first day of classes.
- Your FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and all other financial aid forms (www.agts.edu) can be electronically submitted and sent to our office.
- If you will be a first time Stafford loan borrower at AGTS or need additional information, email Flo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-268-1028 or drop by the Financial Aid Office.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payment dates for the summer semester are May 4, June 15 and July 15.
- Past due accounts are subject to a $25 per month late fee.
- If you have not yet completed financial registration for the fall or summer terms, please stop by the Business Office as soon as possible and sign your promissory note.
- Registration for these terms is not complete until financial arrangements have been made with the Business Office.
- DeLonn Rance
- April 19-24—Preached for and participated in the 9th Consultation of AG Latin American Missions Leaders, Managua, Nicaragua
- Recorded an ebroadcast series of video lectures on Roman Catholicism sponsored by Assemblies of God World Missions and Global University as a part of a missionary training program on Religious Belief Systems.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM