and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Christmas Banquet
- Saturday, December 6, 6-8 p.m. at the Evangel University Dining Hall
- Enjoy a time of fun, food and fellowship as the AGTS community celebrates the birth of our Savior and Lord.
- Wednesday, December 10 on the AGTS Balcony
- Celebrate the completion of your final exams by enjoying a time of fellowship with AGTS faculty, administration, and staff.
Final Exam Schedule
- Monday - Friday, December 8-12
- In the rare event that classes are canceled due to severe winter weather, the major television and radio stations in Springfield will be notified that the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (not the same as the Assembly of God Christian School) has canceled classes. Before calling the Seminary, listen for such announcements.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
New Email or Local Address?
- Don’t forget to contact the Registrar’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your new contact information.
- If you have not yet registered for classes in the spring semester, plan to do so before January 5.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Loan Exit Interview
- The exit interview session is for any current AGTS student who has received Federal Stafford loans and/or a Federal Direct Student Loan while attending AGTS who:
- Graduates in December 2008
- Enrolls for less than 6 hours in spring 2009
- Is not returning for the spring 2009 semester
- Plan to attend the exit interview if you meet the above criteria:
- Wednesday, December 3, 1:30 p.m., Room 228
- If you have any questions as to whether or not you should attend the Exit Interview, please contact the Financial Aid Office
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
- The Khoo Kay Peng Prayer Chapel is literally at the center of the AGTS complex; we want to insure that it is at the spiritual center of our life together.
- As we end this year, and move into the new year, please make time for prayer in the Prayer Chapel.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Library or Chapel. Thank you for helping keep our facilities neat and clean.
Christmas Holiday Library Hours
- Library hours over the Christmas holiday will be posted on the Library doors and on the Library website.
- Library will be closed
- Saturday, December 20 –Sunday, December 28 and on Thursday, January 1.
- Regular library hours will resume on Monday, January 5, 2009.
- The AGTS Library is currently looking to fill an open Work-Study position.
- Please see Rick Oliver or Christa Teachout in the Library today if you are interested. They can tell you what you need to do to apply for a Work-Study job.
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Final Hogan Lecture
- Dr. Rance will present the final Hogan Lecture on January 20, 1:30-2:45 p.m. in the Chapel.
Spring Lectureship Series
- March 10-12—Three chapel services and participation in several classes
- Speaker: Dr. Richard Foth
- Watch for further details.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
- Please make sure your student account is up-to-date by the end of the fall semester.
- Students whose accounts are not paid in full will not be permitted to enroll for any subsequent semesters until their outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Christmas Holiday Building Hours
- Please make special note of the building hours during the last half of the month of December
- Friday Dec. 12—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat. Dec. 13—9 a.m.-Noon
- Sun. Dec. 14—Closed
- Mon.-Thurs. Dec. 15-18—7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Fri. Dec. 19—7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sat.-Sun. Dec. 20-28—Closed
- Mon.-Wed. Dec. 29-31—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Thurs. Jan. 1—Closed
- Fri. Jan. 2—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat. Jan. 3—Closed
- Regular building hours resume on Monday, January 5.
Linda Smith—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
- December 3-4—Amanda Bullock will be representing AGTS at the National Evangelist Conference, Springfield, Missouri
- December 4-5—Stephen Faircloth will represent AGTS at the “Everything Starts With Zero: Multiplicity 2008 Church Planting Conference” in Dallas, Texas
- December 11—Mario Guerreiro will be visiting Zion Bible College in Barrington, Rhode Island
- Al and Darlene Palm traveled to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 2008 Oklahoma District Council. They made great contacts with both AGTS alumni and donors.
- On a trip to North Dakota, the Palm’s also met with several pastors from area churches for relationship-building.
- James Hernando
- November 19-21, attended the Evangelical Theological Society conference in Providence, Rhode Island
- Roger Cotton
- November 21-24, attended the Institute for Biblical Research and the Society of Biblical Literature in Boston, Massachusetts
- Will be on sabbatical during the 2009 Spring semester to do some writing.
- Stephen Lim
- October 23-24, attended a conference in Dallas with Hispanic leaders of the Assemblies of God regarding future directions for higher ministerial education for Hispanics.
- Lois Olena
- New Title: Visiting Professor of Practical Theology and Jewish Studies
- Now serves as editor of AGTS’ e-journal, “Encounter.”
- James Hernando
- Published an article, “Transformation: The Church as Agent of Change in the Parable of the Good Samaritan,” in Pneuma Review (Vol. 11, No. 4, Fall 2008).
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM