and Information for the AGTS Community
Annual Spring Lectureship
- January 16-18
- Guest speaker: Dr. Gary R. Collins
- Dr. Collins will speak in Chapel each day and present lectures
in several classes.
- SAC Lunch on Wednesday, January 17—11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
followed by Q&A with Dr. Collins
Day of Renewal
- Thursday, January 25
- Special speaker: Evangelist Sam Farina
- Service times: 9:30 a.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 6:30 p.m.
- All students and faculty are encouraged to attend
two of the three services.
- There will be no classes and offices will be closed so students
and faculty can set aside a day to seek God’s face.
- Childcare will be provided for the 6:30 p.m. service.
- SAC will provide lunch following the 9:30 a.m. service in the
Great Hall. Please make plans to join us for this time
of fellowship and community building.
AGTS Incredible Pizza Night
- Monday, January 22, with check-in between 5:30-6:00 p.m.
- All students, faculty and staff and their families are invited
to join the fun!
- There is no cost for AGTS community members to attend this
- The evening includes an unlimited pizza buffet and drinks. Each
participant will also receive a $5 game card to enjoy.
- Sign-up deadline: Tuesday, January 16
Spring Library Hours
- Regular spring hours begin on Sat., January 6
- Mon.-Wed.—8:00 a.m.– 10:00
- Thurs.—8:00 a.m.– 10:30
a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Any exceptions to this schedule will be posted in advance.
Podcasts Now Available
- Three podcasts are now available at www.agts.edu/podcasts
- President Klaus’ “That’s the Way I See It” radio
- Chapel services
- Special lectures
Soul Quest Spiritual Retreat
- February 9-11 at Assumption Abbey in Ava
- This retreat is open to all student who have previously
attended a retreat at the Abbey. The retreat will center around
the tradition, theology, & practical tips for silence,
solitude and prayer.
- Sign-up deadline: January 31.
- See Treasa Edmond in the Student Services Office or call
- Interested in receiving a 60% tuition discount for the M. Div.
- See Paul Martinez or Mary Miramonti for details or call 268-1012.
Institutional & Alumni Relations
- AGTS received a $25,000 grant from the V. Eugene and Rosalie
DeFreitas Charitable Foundation to establish an endowed
scholarship for students preparing or appointed as missionaries
to foreign countries.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or
Student Appointments with Faculty
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted by office doors.
- If off-campus, contact the faculty secretary, Norma Simmons,
- Email faculty by using their first initial and last name, as
in this example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Research Orientation
- Wednesday, January 10 at 2:30 p.m. in the Library
- New and returning students are invited to join this training
session designed to acquaint students with library resources
and research tools.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or 268-1025
Spring Course Changes
- Monday, January 22 is the final deadline to make spring course
changes in the Registrar’s Office.
- The tuition refund policy for spring courses dropped:
- 90% January 9-16
- 80% January 17-24
- 70% January 25-February 2
- No refund after February 2.
Free Audit for Spouses
- Pre-registration is Tuesday-Friday, March 5-9 and 14-17.
- Summer graduates should plan to register early that week.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
To apply for 2007-2008 Student Loans
Have the following items on hand:
- Your Department of Education PIN number
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license
- Copy of your 2006 income taxes
Go online to www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Click on: “Fill out a FAFSA” or fill out a “Renewal
FAFSA” (for students who borrowed in 2006-2007).
- After completing the FAFSA, submit your request with your PIN
number. (The PIN serves as an electronic signature and will transmit
your FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office.)
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
Business Office News
Jeff Dorn—email@example.com or 268-1035
Spring 2007 Scholarships
- Scholarships for the spring term will post to student accounts
after the add/drop period.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account
statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate
amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as
soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before
January 8, February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before
these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2007
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester available
in the Business Office in January.
- The forms must be completed and submitted by 4:30 p.m. on
- Awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and
scholarship notifications made by March 1.
Enrollment Office News
Jennifer Berry—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1031
January Enrollment Trips
- January 11-13—Southeastern University in Lakeland,
Florida for the National AG Basketball Tournament
- January 15—Florida Southern College
- January 17—Palm Beach Atlantic
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who might be interested in
AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment
Office and let us know. We would be happy to provide
them with further information.
- Friday, March 16
- If you are interested in helping out, please contact Jen
Berry at 268-1031.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
- In the event that classes are canceled due to severe winter
weather, the major television and radio stations in Springfield
will be notified that the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
(not the same as the Assembly of God Christian School) has
- Before calling the Seminary, listen for such announcements.
- The Khoo Kay Peng Prayer Room is literally at the center
of the AGTS complex; we want to insure that it is at the spiritual
center of our life together.
- As we move into the new year, please make time for prayer
in the prayer room.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor
to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Dr. Jay Taylor
need to pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire and
schedule an appointment.
- Please contact Treasa in the Student Services Office to schedule
these appointments or call 268-1081.
New Student Welcoming Event
- January 5 at 6 p.m. at Kaldi’s Coffee on Battlefield
- New and returning students are invited to visit over a cup
of coffee and see a movie.
- January 17, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Join for a time of fellowship and delicious food as you begin
the new semester.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Library or Chapel. Thank
you for helping keep our facilities neat and clean.
Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1012
- Paul Martinez traveled to Boston, Massachusetts and Providence,
Rhode Island to meet with alumni and pastors.
- Paul Martinez and Al Palm traveled to Sacramento, California
and Bethany University to meet with alumni and pastors in the
area and to participate in Earl Creps’ Off-Road Disciplines
Commitments have exceeded our goal of $25,000! As of
mid-October, our alumni had committed $26,150 and this figure
continues to rise as new commitments are still being made.
- Jim Hernando—Taught a class entitled, “Personal
Restoration from the Old Testament Figure of Jehoshaphat” at
Victory Trade School in Springfield, Missouri on November 8
- Joe Castleberry—Preached a weekend anniversary
campaign at Centro de Adoracion Familiar in San Salvador, November
- October 23-27—taught “Anthropology and Communication
in Theological Perspective” at Cincel—San Jose,
- November 5-9—Celebrated first retreat for AG
Latin American personnel serving in Southern Asia—Delhi,
- November 13-17—Traveled to Granada, Spain for the
interdenominational Latin American Missions congress. Over
9000 Latin Americans serve as missionaries around the world!
20-24—attended retreat for the Missionary
Fellowship of Central America
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM