and Information for the AGTS Community
Spring Lectureship Re-scheduled
Due to the ice storm, the Spring
Lectureship with Dr. Gary Collins has been re-scheduled for February
- Tuesday, February 6—6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 7—9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 8—9:00 a.m.
SAC will provide lunch and a Q&A session
with Dr. Collins on Wednesday, February 7, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
in the Great Hall.
- Friday, March 16
- Mark your calendar because Seminary Day is fast
- If you know anyone interested in attending
AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office. We would love
to send them further details and invite them to attend Seminary
- When: February 9-11
- Where: The Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri
- Cost: $25 (due in advance to secure reservation)
- Space is limited to 8 people, so sign up
- Deadline is Friday, February 3.
- To sign up, pay registration fee or obtain
further information, contact Treasa Edmond—268-1081.
- Dr. Deborah M. Gill, Professor of New Testament Exposition
- Wednesday, February 21—10:30 a.m.
in the William Seymour Chapel
- Topic—“Intellectual But Not Thoughtful, Righteous But
Not Just: Trumping Hermeneutical A Prioris for the
Sake of the Truth”
- Members of the AGTS Board of Directors and other distinguished
guests will be present.
- Reception immediately following in the Great Hall
AGTS Women’s Event
- All women from the AGTS community are invited to attend an
evening of fun and fellowship.
- February 2, 7-9 p.m. at AGTS
- Soup, salad and dessert will be served.
- Childcare facilitated at Central Assembly—RESERVATION
- RSVP your attendance and childcare needs
by noon, Thursday, February 1.
- Call Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email her at email@example.com
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Fall 2007 Practicums
- Fall practicums (excluding counseling practicums) must
be approved and processed by February 6-9.
- Applications are available from Norma Simmons.
Attention Spring Graduates
Spring Study Week
- Mark your calendar for Spring Study Week: February 26-March
- Use this week to catch up on reading and writing papers.
Records Office needs your email address
- If you are not receiving AGTS information via email, please
contact the Registrar’s Office with your current email
- See Geneva or Sarah.
Summer & Fall Registration
- Plan to register during March 5-9.
- Details available on the web and via email.
- Be sure to meet with your advisor prior to registration.
- Faculty sign-up sheets available February 22.
AGTS Rings & Graduation
- To order a class ring, visit the AGTS Bookstore.
- To order your graduation announcements, call 1-800-854-7464.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor
to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Jay Taylor,
please schedule an appointment to review the Wagner-Modified
- See Treasa Edmond to schedule an appointment or get a copy
of the questionnaire.
- Monday, February 5 at 6 p.m. in the Student Lounge
- Event is free to the first 25 students who sign up in the Student
- Join for this informal time to interact with a professor over
dinner. KFC will be served.
AGTS Game Night
- Friday, February 16 at 6 p.m.
- This event is free to all members of the AGTS community.
- Subs and chips will be served.
- Bring your favorite game.
Jennifer Berry—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
February Enrollment Trips
- Mario Guerreiro will be teaching at Zion Bible College in Barrington,
Word of Mouth Referrals
- Know someone interested in AGTS? Contact a member of
the enrollment team to arrange a personal visit while an AGTS
representative is in their area.
Business Office News
- Scholarships for the spring term will be posted to student
accounts in January.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account
statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate
amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon
Deferred Payment Dates
- The second and third deferred payments for the spring semester
are due on or before February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before
these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Mary Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1012
- Interested in receiving a 60% tuition discount for the M.
- Pick up a brochure or see Paul Martinez or Mary Miramonti
in the Development Office for details.
Del Tarr Online Auction
- Remember the beautiful photographs that used to adorn our walls?
- These were taken by beloved former AGTS president, Dr. Del
Tarr. To honor Dr. Tarr, an online auction of these photos
will take place during the month of March. Proceeds will
go to the Del Tarr Scholarship Fund.
- More details coming soon!
Faculty Writing and Speaking
Dr. David Thomas
- Taught “History of Christian Mission” for
the Facultad de Teologia to the faculty of the Instituto Biblico
Rio de Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, January 8-15.
Dr. Gary B. McGee
- Published two articles in Religion Past
and Present: Encyclopedia
of Theology and Religion, ed. Han Dieter Betz,
et al, (Tübigen: Mohr Siebeck, 2006): 1)
Inter-denominational and Pentecostal-charismatic Missions and
2) Smith, Amanda Berry.
- Featured speaker at the Southwest regional
Chi Alpha SALT Conference in Texas, January 4-7.
Dr. Byron Klaus
- Published an article entitled, “Lifelong Learning: Developing
Excellence and Finishing Strong” in Enrichment,
- Published an article entitled, “Pentecostalism and
Mission in Missiology: An International Review," January
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- February 1-4—Speaking at alumni weekend, Bethany University,
Santa Cruz, California
- February 28—Speaking at Mattersey
Hall, United Kingdom
- March 1-12—Ministry in Turkey
- March 13—Association of Theological Schools
meeting, Chicago, Illinois
- March 25—Speak at Bethany AG, San Diego, California
- March 27-29—Present the Wayne Kraiss Preaching Series
at Vanguard University, Costa Mesa, California
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM