and Information for the AGTS Community
- Tuesday, December 13, AGTS Balcony
- Celebrate the completion of your final exams by
enjoying a variety of holiday cookies, hot cider or coffee and
enjoy a time of fellowship with AGTS administration,
faculty and staff.
AGTS Christmas Banquet
- Saturday, December 3,6-8 p.m. at the Evangel Crusader
- Enjoy a time of fun, food and fellowship as the
AGTS community celebrates the birth of our Savior and Lord.
- For further details, contact a SAC officer.
- Tuesday, December 13
- 11:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Join students, faculty and staff for a pizza luncheon.
Final Exam Schedule
- Monday - Friday, December 12-16
- Check the web for exam schedule at www.agts.edu.
Condolences, Dr. Barbara Cavaness
- We extend our deepest sympathy to Dr. Barbara
Cavaness in the loss of her husband, R.B. Cavaness, on October
AIDS Safari to South Africa
- June 2006—Second Annual AIDS Safari
- Students interest in participating need to contact
Dr. Mostert by January 25 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1073.
Spring Lectureship Series
- January 17-19—three chapel services plus
- Special guest: Rev. Maurice Watson, senior
pastor of Beulahland Bible Church in Macon, Georgia.
- Watch for further details.
- January 6—fall grades will be available
in student mailboxes.
- If you have not yet registered for classes in
the spring semester, plan to do so before January 4.
- Missed the October 31 deadline?
- Stop by the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible
if you are planning to graduate in spring or summer
Financial Aid News
Late Spring Loans
- It is still possible to receive a spring loan.
- However, funds may not be available on the first
day of class. Therefore, one-third down payment may be
required on the first day of class.
Loan Exit Interview
- Exit interview session is for any current AGTS student
receiving or having received
Stafford loans and will:
- Graduate in December 2005
- Enroll for less than 6 hours in spring 2006
- Is withdrawing from Seminary
- If so, you must attend the exit interview, Thursday,
December 7, 1:30 p.m., Room 229.
Contact Financial Aid Office Immediately
- If planning to withdraw from Seminary
- If taking less than 6 hours in spring semester
Jennifer Berry —email@example.com
- Susan Doak will be attending the World Missions Summit
in Louisville, Kentucky to represent AGTS—December 30-January
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have any friends or family who might be interested
in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know.
We would be happy to provide them with further information.
Christmas Holiday Library Hours
- Holiday hours for Friday, December 16 – Thursday,
- Monday-Friday–8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Library will be closed Friday, December 2–Saturday,
- Regular library hours will resume on Monday, January
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
- Please make sure your student account is up to
date by the end of the fall semester.
- Students whose accounts are not paid in full will
not be permitted to enroll for any subsequent semesters until
their outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Christmas Holiday Building Hours
- Please make special note of the building hours
during the last half of the month of December
- Friday, Dec. 16: 7
- Saturday, Dec.
- Mon.-Wed., Dec.
- Thursday, Dec.
- Fri.-Sun., Dec.
23-Jan. 1: Closed
- Regular building hours resume on Monday, January
International Faculty Ministry
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- Participated in the Assemblies of God Regional
Summit in Lima, Peru—September 12-15
- Speaker for the First National Missions Convention
of the AG of the Dominican Republic—September
- Taught the “Foundations for Intercultural
Ministry” course at the Center for Cultural Investigation
and Language Study in San Jose, Costa Rica—October
31-November 4. Approximately 40 AG missionaries
- Dr. Johan Mostert
- Joined a Samaritan's Purse training team in Mozambique
in November. He has been a consultant to the writers
of the 16-week curriculum created to teach young people
character development skills. The focus is to assist
them to combat the spread of the AIDS pandemic. The
course has been funded by the Bush administration's funding
for FBO’s and
will emphasize abstinence and faithfulness as primary
strategies to combat HIV/AIDS.
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Taught at the European Theological Seminary in
- Preached evangelistic campaign in Murcia, Spain
over the weekend
- Lectured for the Missions Department of the Norwegian
Pentecostal Church and preached in two churches—Oslo,
U.S. Based Faculty Ministry
- Dr. Ben Aker
- Attended the Institute of Biblical Research
and Society of Biblical Literature conferences in
- Dr. Johan Mostert
- Attended the sixth annual Roundtable Seminar
for Newly Appointed Faculty, sponsored by the
Association of Theological Schools in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Preached at the annual homecoming day at Wedgefield
Baptist Church in Wedgefield, South Carolina—October
- Regular Bookstore hours
- Monday-Friday: 8:15
- Drop by the Bookstore to pick up a few Christmas
items. AGTS shirts, mugs, and pens make great Christmas
- Watch the AGTS TV announcements for availability
of spring textbooks.