Winter 2003 Rapport: Facilitating Intentional Spiritual Growth
Back to Winter 2003 Rapport
Page 12: Download this
page of theWinter 2003 Rapport (PDF, 93K, Download
Help, Download Time Calculator)
Prayerfully and honestly reflect on your present spiritual formation.
- Reflect on the highlights of your spiritual journey through some appreciative questions.
Recognize what helped you grow in the past and what you might need to do to recreate a
climate of growth for the future.
- At what point in your life did you feel closest to God? Why? (What was going on, or
what were you doing, to be where you were spiritually?)
- Give one example of -when something you did most exemplified your faith.
- Without being humble, describe what you value most about your spiritual life.
- Describe your three concrete wishes/future goals for your spiritual life.
- Select some specific goals for growth and determine practical and realistic steps to
accomplish the goals.
- Select one new discipline to begin practicing.
- Find a spiritual mentor or accountability partner.
Recommended reading on Spiritual
- The Life You've Always Wanted: Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by
- A Work of Heart: Understanding How God Shapes Spiritual Leaders by Reggie McNeal.
- Disciplines of the Holy Spirit: How to Connect to the Spirits Power and Presence
by Siang-Yang Tan and Douglas Gregg.
- Conformed to His Image: Biblical and Practical Approaches to Spiritual Formation
by Kenneth Boa.
- In the Name of Jesus by Henri Nouwen.
Thursday, August 7, 2003 3:36 PM