Attend an Urban
Training Institute in Dallas, Texas July 18-21,2006 for Graduate
City Core Initiative is sponsoring an interdenominational Urban
Training Institute in Dallas, Texas on July 18-21, 2006. This is
a unique event in that it will combine classroom seminars on community
development initiatives and ministry in an emerging culture context
with site visits to urban church in Dallas that are embodying/incarnating
these approcahes to ministry.
AGTS will provide a graduate credit option for those who attend
the event, making it possible to earn three credits for completing
the course work in the syllabus associated with the event.
- Tuesday—Focus on community transformation: "Urban
Issues in Ministry"
- Wednesday—Focus on theology and culture: "Theology
- Thursday—Site visits to ministry models:
- Urban Issues Student Track
- Emergent Track
- Traditional to Transformationl Track
- Advanced Transformational Track
- Friday—Coaching, resourcing and implementing:
- A strategic transformational action plan
- Graduate level academic credit is available through an
agreement with George W. Truitt Theological Seminary and
Dallas Baptist Univeristy
Presenters and Coaches
- Leonard Sweet, E.Stanley Jones Professor of
Evangelism at Drew Theological School, and prolific author.
- Jimmy Dorrell, Adjunct Professor of Urban Ministry at Goerge
W. Truett Theolgical Seminary and Executive Director of Mission,
- Hal Samples, photographic artist and homeless advocate
- Urban Ministry Practitioners
Register for the Conference
If you are interested in attending the conference,
visit City Core's website www.citycoreinitiative.org/uti for
more information and to register. If you would
like to receive AGTS graduate credit for attending, see instructions
Continuing Education Students
To enroll, fill out a course
selection form no later
than July 3, 2006. If you have any questions, contact Vicki Jacobson
at 1-800-467-AGTS, ext. 1044, 417-268-1044 or email
Contact the Continuing Education Office (1-800-467-AGTS, ext.
1044, 417-268-1044 firstname.lastname@example.org)
for more details and instructions on registering.
Updated: Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:40 AM