Information on Veterans Benefits:
- Veteran Education website: www.gibill.va.gov
- Chapter Benefits
- Chapter 30–Individuals on active duty or who have served on active duty
- Chapter 33 – Individuals on active duty or who have served on active duty since September 11, 2001
- Chapter 1606– National Guard and Reservists
- Chapter 35–Dependents of disabled veteran or dependent survivors
New VA Benefits Rates:
New benefits rates effective October 1, 2010 and can be viewed at http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_BILL_INFO/rates.htm.
Paying Additional $600 While on Active Duty:
If you paid an additional $600 for VA Benefits while on active duty, make sure that you have a record of the payments, e.g. copies of monthly LES deductions, cash vouchers, receipts or DD-214 documentation of the $600 contribution. VA will have no record of your participating in the $600 contribution program, unless you have proof. Once the $600 payments are complete, you must send a cover letter and copies of proof of payments to the VA. The cover letter must have name, address, SSN and an explanation that this is proof of your contribution of $600 to receive increased VA Education Benefits.
Click here to learn how
to activate VA benefits while at AGTS
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:27 PM