and Information for the AGTS Community
Each One Pray One
- Coming in March!
- Join the AGTS Community for the Each One
Pray One prayer campaign on March 8 and 9
from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. We anticipate every member
of the AGTS Community
(students, staff, faculty, administration)
to commit at least one
hour to call and pray for AGTS
alumni, their families, and their
- Your participation can make a
difference in someone’s life.
- Please see Mary in the Development Office to
sign up and reserve your space today! Or sign
up online at http://www.agts.edu/partners/
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Make plans now for the 3rd Annual AGTS Golf Tournament to be held April 29 at 10 a.m. at Deer Lake Golf Course in Springfield,
- All proceeds will go to studentscholarships.
- Special pricing will be available for AGTS alumni and
students—including a special price for 2010 AGTS graduates!
- Please contact Mary in the Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1012 for more
Girls' Nite Out Chinese Style
- All women from the AGTS community are invited to attend an evening of fun and fellowship.
- Friday, February 5, 7-9 p.m. at AGTS
- Enjoy a soup and salad supper, door prizes,scholarship give-away, and inspiration.
- Childcare facilitated at Central Assembly—RESERVATION REQUIRED!
- RSVP your attendance and childcare needs by
noon, Thursday, February 4.
- Call Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email her at email@example.com
THE 512 — Theological Writing
- Successful graduate studies depend heavily on
writing competence. Take this
course if your academic writing
skills need enhancing.
- The first session of this one-credit
course occurs on Friday, January
29 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. Other sessions are
scheduled for February 19, March 19, and April
9. It’s not too late to register!
- Students may receive up to 20 hours of personal editing and coaching as a “value added” benefit.
AGTS Game Night
- SAC will sponsor a game night at
AGTS on Friday, February 12; 6-9p.m. in the Great Hall.
- Bring a board game to share and invite a friend to join in the fun.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Fall 2010 Practicums
- Fall practicums (excluding Intercultural
Ministry practicums) must be approved and processed by February 2-5.
- Applications are available from the Faculty Secretary.
Attention Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 8.
- Guidelines available at www.agts.edu
- Contact the Faculty Secretary if you have any questions.
Spring Study Week
- Mark your calendar for Spring Study Week: February 22-26
- Use this week to catch up on reading and writing papers.
Heiskell—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1025
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or 268-1025
Summer & Fall Registration
- March 1-5
- Check email for details.
- Schedule appointment with faculty advisor beginning February 18.
- Graduates should plan to register early to ensure enrollment.
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
To apply for 2010—2011 Student Loans
- Have on hand the following: �
- Your Dept.�of�Ed.�PIN�Number �
- Your Social�Security�Number�
- Your driver's livense
- A �copy of your 2009�Income
- Go online to www.FAFSA.ed.gov Click on: "Fill out a FAFSA"
- After completing the FAFSA, submit�your request with your�Pin number.
- (The�Pin serves�as�an electronic signature and your FAFSA �will�be�sent to the Financial Aid�Office)
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
- February 20 is the deadline to secure a Stafford Loan for the spring 2010 term
- Forms are available at www.agts.edu
Deadline for Summer Loans
- Priority Deadline: March 6
- Final Deadline: March 20
- If you received financial aid this semester, just complete a summer student loan data sheet. If not, the following documents are available in the Financial Aid Office or online at www.agts.edu and must be
received by the deadline:
- FAFSA (2010-2011) must be
completed/processed by Central Processor
- Financial Aid application
- Summer student load data sheet
- Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (only one MPN while attending AGTS is required)
- Work Study application, if interested
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2010
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester are available in the Business Office in January.
- The forms must be completed and submitted by 4:30 p.m.on January 29.
- Awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and scholarship notifications made by
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
AGTS Blood Drive
- AGTS will sponsor
a blood drive on February 2
from 12:00-5:00 p.m. in
Room 225 and 226.
- Donate blood; give life.
Linda Smith—email@example.com 268-1031
- Dr. Charlie Self and Stephen
Faircloth will be recruiting
at Drury University, February 1.
- Mario Guerreiro will be
representing AGTS at the
National Men’s Ministries
Leadership Conference in
Branson, Missouri, February 4-6.
- Amanda Bullock will be
recruiting at Ecclesia College
in Springdale, Arkansas on
- Stephen Faircloth will be
representing AGTS at the
Missouri State University
Career Expo on February 18.
- Dr. Angela Reid
- Had an article published in the
December 2009 Pentecostal
Messenger titled “Detoxing
- Roger Cotton
- December 27—Preached at Hillside
Assembly in Ripon, Wisconsin
- Angela Reid
- December 12—Performed the wedding
ceremony of AGTS students, Joshua
Lanham and Jennifer Wilcox.
- Deborah Gill
- January—Attended the Lausanne
U. S. in Dallas as a member of
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- February 7—Preaching at Central Assembly of God in Springfield, Missouri
- February 10-12—Financial Viability Conference sponsored by the Association of Theological Schools, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- February 17-18—AGTS Board of Director’s meeting, Springfield, Missouri
Thursday, August 19, 2010 11:21 AM