and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Graduation Events
- Doctor of Ministry Symposium
- Friday, April 30, 1:00-2:30 p.m. AGTS Chapel
- Saturday, May 1, 10:00 a.m., Central Assembly
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Thursday, April 29 at 10 a.m. at Deer Lake
Golf Course in Springfield, Missouri
- $75 per person or $300 per team
- Special price for AGTS alumni or
students: $65 per person
- Special price for 2010 AGTS
graduates: $55 per person
- $85 per person for any registration received
after April 21
- Fun contests and great prizes!
- All proceeds go to student scholarships.
- Please contact Mary in the Development
Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or
268-1012 for more details or go to www.agts.edu/golf to register online.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- April 5-7—Southern California District Council, Anaheim, California
- April 8-10—Empowered 21 Conference at Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- April 24-27—Missions Convention at Northfield AG, Gering, Nebraska
Summer and Fall Courses!
- Intercultural Urban Ministries with Dr. Mark Hausfeld, Chicago—May 17-23
- The Theology and Practice of Spiritual Gifts with Dr. David Lim—June 14-18
- Communicating Christian Faith in a Pluralistic Society with Dr. Stephen Lim—May 17-28
- Leading Change and Revitalizing Ministries with Dr. Mario Guerrerio—June 28-July 9
- Theology of Power in Ecclesial and Missional Structures with Hogan Professors, Anita and John Koeshall—September 17-18, October 15-16, November 12-13
- Ministry in Trauma, Crisis, and Grief Contexts with Chaplain Manuel Cordero—October 18-22
- 1-credit courses
- Hospital Ministry with Chaplain Larry Cooper—September 10-11
- Conflict Resolution in the Church with Dr. Cheryl Taylor—October 1-2
- April 2--- No classes; offices are closed
Final Exam Week
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Reminder for Summer Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the
deadline for submitting analytical reflection
papers for summer are:
- Summer Session I .............................. June 1
- Summer Session II & Post session…...July 6
- Contact Faculty Secretary for further details.
Heiskell—email@example.com or 268-1025
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1025
- Still need to register for summer classes?
- Contact the Registrar's Office as soon as
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Financial Aid Deadline
- The first deadline for fall/spring
2010/2011federal financial aid is
April 23. Benefits of observing
this deadline include:
- Electronic FAFSA allows prompt
consideration for loan
- Priority consideration for Perkins loan
- Federal Direct Student loan checks
available first week of classes.
- To qualify, the FAFSA must be
electronically submitted and processed by
April 23 by the Central Processor.
- Other required forms must be submitted to
AGTS on or before the final deadline.
- Financial aid documents can be downloaded
- Final deadline for financial aid is July 16.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for more
details—268-1028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Exit Interviews
- The U.S. Department of Education
requires all graduates or nonreturning
students who received a
Federal Direct Student Loan and/or a Federal
Stafford Loan while at AGTS to attend a
Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- It is imperative that you select one of the
sessions listed below and notify the
Financial Aid Office so that your Exit
forms will be ready.
- Thursday, April 15, 11:30 a.m. Room 114
- Thursday, April 15, 1:30 p.m., Room 114
Important Change Beginning Fall 2010
- Due to Federal Government
changes pertaining to Federal
Financial Aid, hundreds of the
Federal Stafford Loan lenders are
no longer providing loans to
students. Therefore, the Seminary
decided to go 100% with the Federal Direct
Student Loan. Many students are already Direct Loan borrowers, but if not, students
will need to go to the Federal Direct Student Loan website (https://dlenote.ed.gov) and
complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN). Please feel free to contact the
Financial Aid Office should you have questions or need additional information.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
2010-2011 Tuition and Fees
- Tuition covers about 65% of the cost of education at AGTS.
- The rest is funded by a grant from the General Council of the Assemblies of
God and the contributions of churches, districts, and individuals.
- The tuition rate effective fall 2010 is $508 per credit hour, a 3% increase over the current
- Accounts paid in full on or before the first day of the semester are eligible for a 1% rebate on net tuition.
- Net tuition is the full tuition charge less tuition discounts and institutional scholarships.
Financial Registration for Summer & Fall
- If you have not yet completed financial registration for the fall or summer terms,
please stop by the Business Office as soon
as possible and sign your promissory note.
- Registration for these terms is not complete until financial arrangements have been made
with the Business Office.
Building Hours for Easter Weekend
- The AGTS facility will be open the following
times during the Easter weekend:
- Friday, April 2—10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 3—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, April 4—Closed
- Administrative offices will be closed on
Friday, but the library will be open until 6 p.m.
- Regular building hours will resume on Monday, April 5.
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
Library Hours for Easter Weekend
- Friday, April 2 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday, April 3 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Library Hours for End of Spring Semester
- The Library will operate according to the
following schedule from Friday, April 23-
Saturday, May 1.
- Monday-Friday ...................... 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday ............... Closed
- Regular hours will resume on Monday, May 3.
Linda Smith—email@example.com 268-1031
- April 8—Mario Guerreiro will be at
Christian Life College in Chicago, Illinois
April 10—Mario Guerreiro will be at the
AG College Fair in Naperville, Illinois
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- March 4-6—attended the annual
meeting of the Society of Pentecostal
Studies in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- March 21-22—attended the annual Central States Regional Meeting of the Society of
Biblical Literature in St Louis
- Dr. Mark Hausfeld
- Interviewed for the Pentecostal
Evangel in the February 21 issue about
the purpose of Global Initiative: Reaching Muslim Peoples (Our purpose is to
equip the Church to reach Muslims and to mobilize church planting teams among
- March 4-5—Taught a seminar on �Reaching
Muslims through Shared Family Values at the
BGMC Conference in St. Louis, Missouri
- March 14—Spoke at the Missions Convention
at First Assembly of God—York, Pennsylvania
- Dr. Stephen Lim
- March 1-5—taught D.Min. course,�Leading Missional Ministry, at Southern Asia Bible College in
- March 7—preached at the baccalaureate service at Southern Asia Bible College
- Dr. Lois Olena
- March 4-6—attended the 39th Annual
Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal
Studies, hosted at North Central
University in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Drs. Mostert, Palm, & Reid
- March 10—attended an APA conference in
Orlando, Florida to prepare for our application
for a Psy.D. degree
- Dr. Charlie Self
- March 4-6—Responded to papers at the Society for Pentecostal Studies,
- Dr. Lois Olena
- A Lively Heritage: Early Pentecost in
Alabama. (The Story of Evangel University
President Robert H. Spence's Pentecostal
Heritage) AG Heritage. Vol. 30
(March 2010): 26-33.
- Dr. Charlie Self
- Easter Changes Everything.
Pentecostal Evangel (March 28,
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:46 AM