and Information for the AGTS Community
Welcome, Dr. Deborah Gill
- The Bible and Theology Department extends a warm
welcome to Dr. Deborah Gill who will be joining the AGTS faculty
this semester. Dr. Gill comes to AGTS after several
years of service as Director of the Division of Christian Education
and Commissioner of the Commission on Discipleship at the Assemblies
of God Headquarters.
- Dr. Gill is a graduate of the University of Minnesota
(B.S., Music Ed.), AGTS (M.A., M.Div.)
and Fuller Theological Seminary (Ph.d. in Biblical Studies).
She has twenty years of experience as a professor
of Biblical Studies, Greek and Homiletics at North Central
University and has also served as a pastor and missionary.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- May 2—Bi-State Preacher's Conference,
Abundant Life Community Church, Alton, Illinois
- May 29-June 13—Ministry in India and Greece
- June 16-18—Plenary speaker at American Society
of Missiology, Techny, Illinois
- June 24-26—Association of Theological Schools
Summer Guest Faculty
- AGTS will have three new guest faculty members
- Rev. Gary Liddell—Hermeneutics
- Ms. Christine Morgan—Post-Traumatic Stress
- Dr. Charles Self—Ethical Issues in Contemporary
Summer Chapel Schedule
- May 10—8:30-9:40 a.m.
- May 17—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- May 24—8:30-9:40 a.m.
- May 31—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- June 7—9:50-11:00 a.m.
- June 14—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- June 21—9:50-11:00 a.m.
- June 28—12:30-1:40 p.m.
- July 5—11:15 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
Attention Summer Graduates
- Dates for comprehensive exams/deadlines for analytical
- Summer Session I—June 5
- Summer Session II and Post Session—July 11
- Contact Norma Simmons for further details.
- Officially approved summer syllabi can be found
on the AGTS website at www.agts.edu.
- The library has hard copies, available upon request,
from which students may make their own copies.
- Paper copies of syllabi will not be distributed
You’ve Got Mail!
- Check your email account periodically for special
announcements, registration updates, etc.
- If your email address changes, contact the registrar’s
- It is not too late to consider taking a summer
- Contact the Records Office:
- First summer session—May 8
- Second summer session—June 5
- Post summer session—July 3
Financial Aid News
Late Summer Financial Aid
- If you missed the deadline for summer federal
financial aid, you may still be eligible for a late summer loan.
- Students applying late need to make regular deferred
payments through the Business Office via personal funds, credit
card, or a short-term loan from an outside lender.
- For more information, contact Flo Byerly.
Final Deadline:Fall Stafford & Perkins Loans
- The 2006-07 Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA) and all other financial aid forms must be received
in the Financial Aid Office on or before July 14 in order for
loan funds to be in place on the first day of classes.
- Your FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and all other financial
aid forms (www.agts.edu) can be electronically submitted and
sent to our office.
- If you need additional information email
or call 268-1028 or come by the Financial Aid Office.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payment dates for the summer semester
are May 8, June 15 and July 15.
- Past due accounts are subject to a $25 per month
Full Cash Payment Discount
- If you pay off the summer balance of your account
in full on or before May 8, the Business Office will post a
1% tuition rebate to your account for the summer semester.
- To be eligible for this rebate, however, your
entire summer balance must be paid in full no later than May
8, regardless of the session(s) in which you are enrolled.
- The 1% is calculated on the net tuition fee, which
is the total tuition charge less institutional aid and other
institutional discounts and is available only to regular, masters-level
students in the resident program.
Jennifer Berry —email@example.com
Farewell, Susan Doak!
- The Enrollment Office bids farewell to Susan Doak.
- She will be moving to Boston where her husband will
be pursuing a Ph.D. at Harvard. Susan will be greatly
you, Susan, for your faithful service!
Welcome, Rachel Pyles!
- We would like to welcome Rachel Pyles who will
be joining the Enrollment Office as a part-time recruiter!
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who may be interested
in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know.
We would be happy to provide them with further information.
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- March 14-16—Traveled to Barquisimeto, Venezuela
for the Sixth Consultation of “Together in Missions,” a network
of AG Missions Agencies from Spain and 20 Spanish-speaking
countries of Latin America. He serves as secretary for
this network that has approximately 650 appointed missionaries
serving in 59 countries. There were 50 leaders present
at the consultation to give reports and strategize for the
future. He presented
a 160-page document, which will serve as a model curriculum
for missionary training in Latin America. Great
things are happening in Latin American missions!
- Dr. Doug Oss
- April 18-19—Spoke at the Central Europe
Breakaway (missionary retreat) in Osiencznica, Poland.
- Dr. Stephen Lim
- March 31-April 2—spoke at the Leadership
retreat for Restoration Church of Fountain, Colorado.
- Dr. Gary McGee
- April 9—Spoke at the Azusa Street Centennial
Celebration at the AG Bible School in Mexico City.
- Dr. Stephen Lim wrote “5
Questions for Better Team Decisions,” Leadership
21, 2006, published by ChristianityToday.com.
Gary McGee’s article, “Charismatic
Renewal on the Church History IMAX” was published in
the Spring 2006 issue of Enrichment Journal, pp.
Library Hours—April 28-May 7
- Monday-Thursday—8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Friday—8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday—Closed
- Regular hours will resume on Monday, May 8, with
the start of the first summer session classes.