and Information for the AGTS Community
- Wednesday, December 13, AGTS Balcony
- Celebrate the completion of your final exams by enjoying a variety of holiday cookies, hot cider or coffee and enjoy a time of fellowship with AGTS administration, faculty and staff.
AGTS Christmas Banquet
- Saturday, December 2, 6-8 p.m. at the Evangel Crusader Hall
- Enjoy a time of fun, food and fellowship as the AGTS community celebrates the birth of our Savior and Lord.
- RSVP required by November 20.
- Tuesday, December 12
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Join students, faculty and staff for a pizza luncheon.
Final Exam Schedule
- Monday - Friday, December 11-15
- Congratulations to our first group of M.Div. students who have been accepted into the Partnership Program! These students will receive a 60% tuition discount beginning Spring 2007.
- Other benefits of the Partnership Program include:
- An annual leadership summit
- Mentoring opportunities with key pastors and community business leaders
- If you are a M.Div. student and are interested in receiving a 60% tuition discount, contact Paul or Mary in the Development Office.
- The necessary steps to create an online bookstore at AGTS are in the works!
- Watch for this in the not-so-distant future.
Sarah Clark–email@example.com 268-1025
New E-Mail or Local Address?
- Contact the Registrar's Office to update your contact information (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have not yet registered for classes in the spring semester, plan to do so before January 5.
- Missed the October 31 deadline?
- Stop by the Registrar's Office as soon as possible if you are planning to graduate in spring or summer 2007.
Financial Aid News
Late Spring Loans
- Spring loans are still available.
- However, due to the lateness of filing your forms, funds may not be available on the first day of class. Therefore, you would be expected to make a payment of 1/3 down for tuition and fees at registration.
Loan Exit Interview
- Exit interview session is for any current AGTS student who has received Stafford loans while attending AGTS who:
- Graduates in December 2006
- Enrolls for less than 6 hours in spring 2007
- Is withdrawing from Seminary
- Plan to attend the exit interview if you meet the above criteria:
- Wednesday, December 6, 1:30 p.m., Room 229
Contact Financial Aid Office Immediately
- If planning to withdraw from Seminary
- If taking less than six hours in spring semester
Jen Berry —email@example.com or 268-1033
- The Enrollment Office bids farewell to Amanda Bullock. Amanda has served our community wonderfully and she will be greatly missed.
- We welcome Steve Campbell as our new enrollment work study.
Seminary Day 2007
- Friday, March 16
- If you know of anyone interested in attending AGTS, please give us their information. We would be happy to provide them with enrollment information.
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org 268-1081
Christmas Holiday Library Hours
- Holiday hours for Friday, December 15-Friday, December 22 and Tuesday, January 2-Friday, January 5
- Monday-Friday—8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday— Closed
- Library will be closed Monday, December 25 - Monday, January 1
- Regular library hours will resume on Saturday, January 6.
Jan Maempadean@agts.eduor 268-1014
Norma Simmonsfaculty@agts.eduor 268-1070
2007 Spring Lectureship Series
- January 16-18
- Special speaker: Dr. Gary R. Collins, Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Purdue University and author of more than 170 articles and about 45 books. He will speak in three chapel services and several classes.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or 268-1035
- Please make sure your student account is up to date by the end of the fall semester.
- Students whose accounts are not paid in full will not be permitted to enroll for any subsequent semesters until their outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Christmas Holiday Building Hours
- Please make special note of the building hours during the last half of the month of December
- Friday, Dec 15—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 16—9 a.m.-Noon
- Mon.-Fri., Dec. 18-22—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat.-Mon., Dec. 23-Jan. 1— Closed
- Regular building hours resume on Tuesday, January 2.
- Al and Darlene Palm traveled to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 2006 Oklahoma District Council. They made great contacts with both AGTS alumni and donors.
- Thank you for your participation in the AGTS Bookstore Survey. Your input is much appreciated as we plan for the future. Here are just a few of the things we learned from you:
- 67% of respondents purchase 75-100% of their books from us
- 21% of respondents purchase 50-99% of their books online
- 99% of respondents would purchase books from AGTS online
- Desire for evening hours was split 50/50
- Dr. Deborah Gill
- October 18-19--Traveled to Valley Forge Christian College in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania to attend the Board of Trustees meeting and to minister in their chapel service
- Dr. Warren Newberry
- October 17-27--Taught a graduate-level module course in Curriculum Design & Development at Asia Theological Centre of Evangelism and Missions in Singapore
- Dr. Angela Reid
- October 17--Was the guest speaker for the Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group at Central Assembly of God in Springfield, Missouri
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- November 18--Attended the board of directors meeting for the Doulos Community in Marlboro, New Jersey
- November 19--Preached at Christian Life Church in Middlesex, New Jersey
- November 27--Traveled to El Salvador to preach a weekend anniversary campaign at Centro de Adoracion Familiar in San Salvador.
- Dr. Johan Mostert
- October 23-27--spoke at a conference in Manzini, Swaziland, sponsored by USAID, with the intent of preparing Swazi pastors to combat AIDS using the infra-structure of their local churches. 80 pastors attended. The USAID contract was in cooperation with the Christian Radio Network, Trans World Radio and Kerus Global Education.
- In conjunction with this conference, Dr. Marcia Ball and Dr. Jennie Cerullo of Kerus Global Education and Dr. Mostert co-authored, It Takes Courage!: Pastor's Vision Conference which included an illustrated participant notebook, PowerPoint presentations, and a presenter's manual complete with activities, adult-oriented educational games and presentation guidelines.