Volume XXVIII, Number 6
News and Information
for the AGTS Community
- Friday, February 13
- Time: 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Place: Student Lounge
- Come enjoy a time of food, fun and fellowship with other single AGTS students
Parents' Night Out
- Parents in need of a date night?
- Drop off your children at AGTS on Friday, February 13; 6-9 p.m. so you and your spouse
can enjoy an evening on the town.
SAC Nominations & Voting
- Get out your favorite chili recipe and biggest pot and take part in the not-so famous
AGTS Chili Cook-Off.
- Wednesday, February 25, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Student Lounge
- Prizes will be awarded.
Women's Fellowship Soup Night
- February 2-13, SAC will be accepting nominations for the 2004-05 SAC team.
- February 17-27, students will vote for new SAC team members.
- Pray and seek God's will as to whom you should nominate and be open to hear from God,
for He may ask you to serve.
- All AGTS community women are invited to enjoy a time of fellowship and encouragement.
- February 20 at 6:30 p.m. at AGTS, balcony
- Dr. Lori O'Dea will be the special speaker.
- RSVP with Norma at the front desk or call Lois at 833-6814
- Childcare is available upon request.
Jan Maempadean@agts.eduor 268-1014
Norma Simmonsfaculty@agts.eduor 268-1070
Fall 2004 Practicums
- Fall practicums must be approved and processed February 10-13, 2004.
- Applications are available from Norma Simmons, or if a counseling practicum, from Angela
Attention Spring Graduates
Free Insurance for Children
- Do you need medical insurance for your children while in seminary?
- Missouri Medicaid MC Plus Insurance, an income based program, might be of assistance.
- For more information call MC Plus at 895-6761 or call Dr. Bradford or Angie Reid at
Dr. Warren Newberry
- Published two articles in Encyclopedia of Protestantism entitled:
"Malawi" and "Roland Allen" Publisher: Routledge/Taylor and Francis, 2003
Dr. Gary McGee
- Introducing World Missions: Biblical, Historical, and Practical Survey (Baker
Books) by Moreau, Corwin and McGeejust off the press!
Dr. Mark Bradford
- Will present "Spiritual Relapse Prevention Strategies" seminars on February 6-8,
2004, in Riverside California for Teen Challenge and other Regional Addiction Treatment
Dr. James Hernando
- Taught New Testament Theology at the International Center for Christian Leadership
in Kiev, Ukraine, on January 15-24, 2004
Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- "Healings, Miracles and Gifts of Healing." Chapter in Pentecostal Gifts and Ministries
in a Postmodern Era, edited by James Bridges (GPH, 2004)
- Spoke at the Potomac District Chi Alpha Retreat in Virginia on January 30-February
Dr. Steven Lim
- Spoke at a Missions Conference at Grace Assembly in Singapore on January 10-11 and
- Spoke at a Leadership Conference in Malaysia on January 12-14 & in Katmandu,
Nepal, on January 20-22.
Admissions, Records & Financial Aid News
Sarah Clarkadmissions@agts.eduor 268-1025
Records Office needs your email address
If you are not receiving AGTS information via email, please contact Sarah in the Admissions
Office with your current email address.
Summer & Fall Registration
- Plan to register during February 24-27.
- Details will be emailed or placed in your AGTS mail box.
- Beginning February 17, sign up for an appointment with your advisor for registration
week (see forms posted by faculty offices).
AGTS Rings & Graduation Announcements
- On February 26, a Jostens representative will be on campus to take orders for class
rings and graduation announcements.
- Stop by the table near the Admissions Office to place your order.
Late Spring Loan
- Deadline to secure a Stafford LoanFebruary 13.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office for details.
Deadlines for Summer Loans
Apply Now for Fall Financial Aid
- Complete the FAFSA 2004-05 form available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Note the deadlines for Fall 2004:
- Priority service deadlineMarch 31
- Secondary deadlineApril 30
- Final deadlineJuly 16
- Note: There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the above deadlines in order to provide better service
to students who complete the process on time.
- For assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office.
Cristy Neumanstudentservices@agts.eduor 268-1081
Peter Dellstudentservices@agts.eduor 268-1093
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students will need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor to go over
their Christian Life Profile test.
- Returning students who are second and third semester students who have not met
with Dr. Taylor to go over the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire, need to schedule
- Contact Cristy in the Student Services Office or call 268-1081 to schedule an appointment.
- The next deferred payment is due on February 15.
- If your payment is not received by this date, your account will be assessed a $25 late
Editors Needed for Spring 2004 semester
- We are looking for students that would be willing to help other students edit their
papers. (You tell us what you charge per page to edit.)
- If you would like us to put your name on a list to give out to other students and received
"A" work in English in your undergraduate studies, please contact Cristy in the Student
Services Office at 268-1081.
Musicians needed for chapel
- If you play drums, guitar, or any other instruments or would like to be on the worship
team, please contact Jonathan DiStaulo at 889-1269.
Need a FREE email address?
- Contact Rick in the Library to set up a free email account accessible at home or in
the computer lab.
Veronica Smithpartners@agts.eduor 268-1012
Growing and Leading the Large Pentecostal Church Conference
- March 24-26, 2004, Fort Myers Florida
- AGTS presents a leading edge conference that will impact your ministry.
- You'll interact with top leaders as they share key insights on proven ways to grow and
lead a large Pentecostal church.
- Conference topics include
- Structuring your church for growth
- Leading your organization through change
- Effectively impacting your culture
- Developing your organization's leaders
- Leading in times of crisis
- Achieving financial strength and stability: A Businessman Speaks to Pastors Credit
- For more information or to register contact Veronica at 268-1012 or email@example.com.
- Scholarships and discounts for the spring semester posted to accounts in January.
- Please review your next statement carefully.
- If you notice any discrepancies, please contact the Business Office (268-1035) immediately.
- Award notifications will be released by the end of February.
Karen Partaininfo@agts.eduor 268-1031
- Mario Guerreiro will visit
- Brazilian DistrictFebruary 9
- Florida SouthernFebruary 11
- SoutheasternFebruary 12.
- Jason Bowman will represent AGTS at the Chi Alpha Ministers Conference '04 in Atlanta,
Georgia, on February 27-March 1.
- Agreement was signed between AGTS and Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU)
granting preference to SAGU students transferring into AGTS' Master of Divinity program,
in pursuit of their Doctor of Ministry.
- Agreement ensures that all 36 credit hours from SAGU's Masters in Bible and Theology
will be accepted
- SAGU alumni will receive a 10% tuition discount.
NCCAA Basketball Tournament
- AGTS awarded two $1000 scholarships at the CBC Basketball Tournament on January 8.
- AGTS was invited to set up a recruitment booth at the upcoming NCCAA tournament, March
4-6 at CBC.
Monday, April 7, 2008 12:08 PM