Volume XXVIII, Number 3
News and Information
for the AGTS Community
AGTS HayrideNovember 1
- Bonfire and bluegrass band at the Hassanis in Ozark; hayride at Doennings
- Warm clothes and blankets
- Lawn chairs
- Roasting sticks
- Watch your mailbox for directions.
- Sign up at Student Ministries table by Chapel doors no later than October 29.
- To carpool, meet at 5:30 p.m. at AGTS south parking lot
AGTS Christmas Party
- Saturday, December 6
- 6-8 p.m.
- EvangelCrusader Dining Hall
- Plan to join friends, faculty and staff for a wonderful Christmas celebration.
Thanksgiving HolidayNovember 27-28
- Please open your home and make this a special season of giving to the people of our
- As faculty and staff of AGTS, we want everyone to have a place to go for Thanksgiving.
If you do not have a place to spend Thanksgiving, please contact the Student Services
Office at 268-1081.
Dave RoeverChapel Speaker
- Dave Roever, evangelist and Vietnam veteran who ministers across the U.S. and around
the world, will minister in chapel on Thursday, November 20
Free Insurance for Children
- Do you need medical insurance for your children while in seminary?
- Missouri Medicaid MC Plus Insurance, an income based program, might be of assistance.
- For more information call MC Plus at 895-6761 or ask Dr. Bradford or Angie Reid for
Jan Maempadean@agts.eduor 268-1014
Norma Simmonsfaculty@agts.eduor 268-1070
Thanksgiving Library Hours
- Wed., Nov. 268 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thurs., Nov. 27Closed
- Fri.-Sat, Nov. 28-299 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 30Closed
Last Reminder for Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 4.
- Comprehensive examination date and deadline for both the M.A.T.S. seminary-quality
paper and the analytical reflection paper (guidelines).
Summer 2004 Cross-Cultural Ministry Practicums
- Domestic or foreign setting CCM practicums should be approved before Monday, November
- Schedule an interview with Dr. Barbara Cavaness.
Cristy Neumanstudentservices@agts.eduor 268-1081
Peter Dellstudentservices@agts.eduor 268-1093
- Soup and Roll Lunch
- Wednesday, November 12
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Lounge
Singles Potluck and Parents Night Out
- November 14 at 7 p.m.
- Make plans to join other singles for an exciting night of fun and fellowship.
- Childcare will be provided in order for parents to enjoy a night out.
- Victory Mission Ministry/Community ServiceRebuilding the Wall
- November 15
- Barbecue after event
- Bring your family.
- Nursing Home MinistryNew leaders/helpers needed.
- Hospital MinistryAdditional pianists needed. Contact Charles Scrivener
- For additional information, contact Amanda Bullock at 268-1049 or email@example.com.
Spiritual Formation Appointments
- Spiritual Formation appointments with Dr. Jay Taylor must be completed by December 5
for the fall 2003 semester.
- This includes first and second semester returning students.
- Contact Cristy Neuman to schedule appointment
Lost and Found
- The Library has several books, clothing items and jewelry that are looking for their
- Please stop by and see if any of these items belong to you.
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.eduor 268-1035
- The third deferred payment for the fall term is due November 15.
- In order to avoid late charges, payments must be made on or before that date.
Spring 2004 Scholarships
- The Scholarship Committee met on October 15 to determine scholarship awards for the
- Notifications of the committee's action were placed in student mailboxes the week
of October 13.
- This semester there were 88 applicants for spring scholarships. Due to current
fluctuations in the return on scholarship endowments, however, only 22 awards were
available for spring.
- Applications for fall awards will be available in the business office or online
in early January.
Parking on Gym Property
- Parking on the grass behind the O'Reilly gym is prohibited and could cause major damage
to the drainage pipes running under that area of the property.
- Please park only on the asphalt areas on the east side of the gym.
- Vehicles parked on any of the green areas are subject to a $10 parking fine.
Admissions, Records & Financial Aid News
Sarah Clarkadmissions@agts.eduor 268-1025
- November 11-14.
- Details will be emailed to you on November 3-7 or placed in AGTS mailbox.
- Make appointment to see faculty advisor by signing up on the appointment sheets posted
by office doors on November 4.
Share Your Seminary Experience
- Spouses of full-time students can audit one class per semester without cost.
- Down-load registration form.
- Contact the Records Office staff for more information.
Deadlines for Spring Loans
- November 3Priority deadline
- December 1Final deadline for non-priority service.
- Following documents are due by deadline
- FAFSA, completed and processed
- Financial Aid Application/Student Loan Data Sheet
- Certification Statement Sheet
- Contact Debbie in the Financial Aid Office
Continuing Education News
Vicki Jacobsonagtsfirstname.lastname@example.org 268-1044
- Methods of Biblical Preaching, November 3-7.
- Worship in the ChurchDisarming the Worship War, November 13.
- The Writing of J.R.R. Tolkien, November 14-15.
- Check the continuing education
schedule on the web for more information or look at the fall class schedule.
General Council Conferences
- Pentecostal Preachers Week, March 8-10.
- Women in Ministry Conference, March 10-12.
- National Childrens Ministries Leadership Conference, April 27-30.
- Graduate credit is available for these conferences.
- For further information contact Vicki Jacobson.
- Dr. Jim Railey
- Featured speaker at the Bible and Theology Department Lectureship on September 24,
2003, at the William J. Seymour Chapel.
- Topic: Open Theism: An Armenian-Pentecostal
- Dr.Warren Newberry
- Spoke in four churches in the Texas panhandle during a round-robin missions convention,
September 25-28, 2003.
- Dr.Barbara Cavaness
- Conducted missions services in Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, September 9-24.
- Dr.Mark Bradford
- Presented High Tech Addictions at the University of Arkansas for the
Marriage and Family Therapy Substance Abuse Treatment Conference on September 25-26.
- Spoke at Teen Challenge Conference regarding Relapse Prevention Techniques
on October 23.
- Dr. Melody Palm
- Spoke at her parents retirement service at the Assembly of God Church in Arvin,
California, where they pastored for the past 28 years.
- Dr.Joe Castleberry
- Spoke at both First Assembly of God in Charlottesville, Virginia and at First Assembly
of God, Harrisonburg, Virginia on September 21.
- Featured speaker at Christian Life Center in Dayton, Ohio for their fall missions
convention on October 5-6.
- Dr Earl Creps
and Dr.Joe Castleberry
- Attended the ATS Curriculum Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October 30-November
Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:57 AM